Bicentennial Commemoration of the War of 1812
- Government of Canada
- Government of Ontario
Ontario Regions 1812 Regions
- Ojibwe Cultural Foundation
Books about the War of 1812
A Short Reading List selected by the Chief Curator, City of Toronto Museums.
- Carl Benn, The War of 1812 (Osprey, 2002) - a short overview with good maps and a useful chronology.
- Pierre Berton, Flames Across the Border and The Invasion of Canada (McClelland & Stewart, 1980 & 1981) - still the most vivid writing about the War.
- Edith Firth, The Town of York, 1793-1815 (Champlain Society, 1962) - a classic collection of original documents.
- Dianne Graves, In the Midst of Alarms (Robin Brass Studio, 2007) - an account of women during the War.
- Donald Hickey, Don't Give Up the Ship! (Robin Brass Studio, 2006) - tackles every debate about the War, with the best chronology.
- J. Mackay Hitsman, updated by Donald E. Graves, The Incredible War of 1812 (Robin Brass Studio, 1999) - the best military history of the War.
- Robert Malcolmson, Capital in Flames (Robin Brass Studio, 2008) - a minute-by-minute account of the Battle of York.
- Alan Taylor, The Civil War of 1812 (Knopf, 2010) - the best social history of the War.