Agencies, Boards, Commissions and Corporations (ABCCs) > Ontario Business Corporation Act (OBCA Corporations)
Invest Toronto Corporation Board of Directors
||1-877-406-3841 (Toll free)
||225 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 3M2
The mandate of Invest Toronto is to engage the private sector in marketing and promotion activities to increase business investment and create desirable jobs in Toronto.
Invest Toronto Corporation was established by City Council in October 2008 under the authority of the City of Toronto Act, Ontario Regulation 609/06. Invest Toronto is incorporated under the Ontario Business Corporations Act, with the City of Toronto as its sole shareholder.
The board of directors is responsible for supervising the management of the business and affairs of the Corporation, including the following specific activities:
- promotion and advertising for business investment in targeted industries
- organizing trade missions
- coordinating with other orders of government
- referring investors to Build Toronto
Term of office
Two years with a renewal term of two years (without recruitment, with full recruitment every four years).
The board consists of 17 members:
- Chair - the Mayor*
- Vice-chair - 1 resident of Toronto who is not an elected official or an employee of the City or any of its ABCCs (agencies, boards, commissions or corporations)
- 11 residents of Toronto who are not employees or elected officials of the City or any of its ABCCs (agencies, boards, commissions or corporations)
- 3 City Councillors including the Chair of the City's Economic Development Committee, as appointed by City Council
- 1 General Manager of Economic Development, Culture (City of Toronto staff)
* The Chair of the City Economic Development Committee is to be appointed Chair in the place of the Mayor if the Mayor appoints a designate. The Mayor's designate then becomes one of the 15 directors in place of Chair of Economic Development.
The board will determine its meeting schedule at the start of the term and at the beginning of each year.