Toronto Animal Services - Animal Care Centres
Click on "blue boxes" on the map to find the animal care centre nearest you.
Animal Care Centre Regular Hours
All Four Centres are open seven days per week, from 10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Closed on statutory holidays, Remembrance Day and the Monday after Easter.
Free parking available at all Animal Care Centres. A Parking Pass is required at the Exhibition Place; they are available in the Animal Care Centre.
Services at a Glance
Toronto Animal Services' 4 Animal Care Centres are clean, busy and often happy places where people can find a new companion or be reunited with a lost pet. We provide the following services at these hubs of activity:
- Provide dog and cat licensing services.
- Take in stray animals or those in need of protective care that are picked up by our professional Enforcement and Mobile Response team of Animal Care and Control Officers.
- Provide quality care for homeless animals that are sick or injured.
- Reunite more than 2000 lost animals with their guardians each year through our lost and found pets program.
- Find responsible, loving homes for more than 4000 animals each year through our Pet Adoption programs.
- Provide vaccinations and microchip implants for animals to prepare them for adoption.
- Spay and neuter cats, dogs and rabbits and perform over 3000 of these surgeries each year to reduce pet overpopulation.
- Provide volunteer programs to benefit dogs, cats and small animals.
- Accept donations so that we can do all of the work we do for the animals.
Owner Surrender Animals
- Toronto Animal Services accepts animals surrendered by their owners. Owner surrenders are scheduled by appointment only, Monday through Friday (exception of statutory holidays).
- There will be no boundaries placed on a pet owner who wishes to surrender their animal. They may surrender an animal at any one of our four animal centres, regardless of where they live in the City of Toronto.
- The owner surrender fee for a cat is $20.00+HST and for a dog the fee is $35.00+HST.
- Owners will be required to provide proof of ownership for the animal (e.g. adoption papers, veterinary records, etc) as well as photo identification for themselves.
- Owners will be required to sign documentation transferring ownership of the animal to Toronto Animal Services. Owners may also be required to fill out an Animal History Form at the animal center at the time of their appointment.
- Please bring all records (medical history, rabies and/or sterilization certificate, etc.) with you for your scheduled appointment.
To all owners: Upon signing ownership over to Toronto Animal Services, the final disposition (e.g. adoption, transfer to rescue group or euthanasia) of the animal will be made by Toronto Animal Services and you will not be contacted to be advised of the disposition.