Toronto Animal Services
Presenting the "12 Strays of Christmas" adoption event
Each of these 12 animals currently lives at one of our shelters, and is looking for a life-long loving home.
Come and visit them and other furry friends in person at one of our shelters. From December 12 to 23, all cat adoptions are only $25 + tax and a license, and all bunny adoptions are just $10 + tax.
For information on where and how to adopt, click here.
Where to adopt
Toronto Animal Services Shelters
(Open seven days a week from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- West Region - 146 The East Mall, (Highway 427 and Dundas Street West)
- North Region - 1300 Sheppard Avenue West, (Keele Street and Sheppard Avenue West)
- East Region - 821 Progress Avenue, (Highway 401 and Markham Road)
- South Region - 140 Princes’ Blvd (Exhibition Place, Horse Palace)
You can also adopt a pet from any one of our adoption partners all year long. These partners are also participating in the 12 Strays of Christmas promotion, and will honour the discounted cat and bunny (if available) prices.
How to adopt
The adoption fees include a veterinary health check, vaccinations, sterilization, a microchip and rabies vaccination. Residents of Toronto will also be required to purchase a dog or cat licence at the time of adoption. Those adopters residing outside the City of Toronto must purchase a licence in their own community. Once you have found an animal you would like to adopt, you will be required to complete an Adoption Questionnaire. If the pet is a good match, you will be able to take your new cat or dog home that same day. The normal fees for adopting an animal are as follows:
- Cats or kittens: $25* during the "12 Strays of Christmas" plus tax and $15.00 annual licence fee if applicable ($7.50 for seniors).
- Dogs or puppies (neutered male): $209.95 including all taxes, $25.00 annual licence fee if applicable ($12.50 for seniors).
- Dogs or puppies (spayed female): $242.95 including all taxes, $25.00 annual licence fee if applicable ($12.50 for seniors).
*The $25 promotion runs to December 23. After that date, the regular adoption rate is $84.75.Back to top