Archives' staff offer a 30 minute presentation at Toronto City Hall on the structure and services provided by the City of Toronto government.
It is offered to Grades 5, Grade 10, ESL and any other classes that have municipal politics as part of their curriculum.
This general overview includes a presentation on topics such as government structure, the City's budget, and key services the City provides.
As well, it focuses on how people can get involved in the decision-making process at the municipal government level.
Following the presentation, you will have the opportunity to visit the Council Chamber and the Mayor's Office (based on availability). The entire program is one hour to 90 minutes in length.
To book a tour, please contact us at: email@example.com or
Please include the following information:
- Name of your organization
- Contact name, phone number and e-mail address, names of all teachers attending
- Number of people attending
- Three preferred dates
- Councillor and Ward if known
Before your visit!
- Minimum size of groups is 10, maximum is 60.
- Presentations are based on availability of staff.
- In order to accommodate your request, please send your request at least 2 weeks in advance of preferred date.
The following resources provide information to help you prepare for your Municipal Education Program presentation:
If you can't get to City Hall in person
Or if you don't want to book a program