City of Toronto
On January 10, 2011 the City of Toronto introduced balanced 2011 tax supported and utility rate budgets with no property tax increase for the people of Toronto. In addition to the tax supported operating and capital budgets, separate capital and operating budgets for utilities encompassing solid waste, water and sewer services were also introduced.
Mayor launches Budget 2011
Mayor Rob Ford officially launched the 2011 City budget. Mayor Ford's website
Looking for the budget?
Budget information for each budget is located in both the Operating Analyst Notes and Capital Analyst Notes, divided by City division.
Quick links and Reports
- 2012 Budget
- City of Toronto Services and Service Levels
- Operating Variance Report for the Six-Month Period Ended June 30, 2011
- User Fee Policy and Framework
- Financial reports and statements
- Mayor and Councillors
- City Finances
- Current Value Assessment (CVA)
- News releases and fact sheets
- Service Review Program, 2012 Budget Process and Multi- Year Financial Planning Process (PDF Report)
- Operating Variance Report for the Year Ended December 31, 2010
- Core Service Review – Final Report to Executive Committee
- Service Review Program
Previous budget summaries
City of Toronto's current and past Budget Summary Reports, reflecting the 24-hour / seven-day role that City government plays in protecting residents and delivering services.
Long term fiscal plan
An update to the Long Term Fiscal Plan was made at Budget Committee on March 12, 2010. The Updated plan continues to support City Council's vision for a fiscally sustainable City with significant progress achieved since the 2005 report.
Toronto City Council approved a 2010 operating budget of $9.2 billion that protects the City services that Toronto residents and businesses need.
The City's taxation measures are used to sustain and enhance essential programs and services that are vital for a prosperous Toronto.
City of Toronto's small businesses are now benefiting from changes being made to the City's property tax policies.