Effective November 12, 2012 the following changes to the Mandatory Submission Guidelines will take effect:
In addition to electronic submissions and re-submissions, only one set of paper plans/drawings will be required.
Two sets of full sized paper plans/drawings are still required for re-submissions or revisions to applications made before November 12th.
FASTRACK is no longer exempt. Applications must be submitted on a rewritable DVD or on a page with a maximum dimension of 11" X 17" to facilitate scanning by Toronto Building.
Electronic Submission Guidelines:
Toronto Building requires the mandatory electronic submission of all documents including forms, reports, specifications, calculations and plans (Chapter 363-5 of the Municipal Code).
Until November 12, 2012, FASTRACK applications are exempt from mandatory electronic submission requirements. Effective November 12, 2012 FASTRACK applications must be submitted on a rewritable DVD or on a page with a maximum dimension of 11" X 17" to facilitate scanning.
All Documents shall be submitted at a Toronto Building Customer Service location on a rewritable DVD (DVD-RW or DVD+RW).
Re-submissions of documents and plans/drawings may be submitted by email or via SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) where the file(s) exceeds 10mb and up to 300mb (10 files maximum). Submission by fax is not permitted.
In addition to electronic submissions and re-submissions, two sets of paper plans/drawings are still required. Effective November 12, 2012 one set of paper plans/drawings is required.
For security reasons, USB Drive ('Key') or Flash Media are not accepted.
The following are the submission requirements for all documents and plans/drawings:
Requirement for Scanning:
Electronic documents and plans/drawings (i.e. dwg, .docx,) must be converted directly into a PDF for submission. Hand drawn plans and manual calculations must be scanned. The use of a scanner to convert an electronically produced document should be avoided. Scanned documents that are prohibitively large may be rejected. Scanned documents must meet the following requirements:
- Plans/ Drawings must be at a resolution that is easily legible onscreen and pages must not be skewed.
- Scanned resolutions 1-bit black and white 300 dpi is usually acceptable. For plans/drawings containing fine lines 600 dpi resolution is required.
- Do not reduce the scanned document size, as it renders the document slow to open.
- Scanning documents in full colour is only necessary if it contains photographs.
E-mail / DVD / SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol):
- Only re-submissions directly to the plan examiner are currently accepted by email. Initial submission of all applications must be made in person. Documents submitted by email must not exceed 10mb.
- Large documents can be submitted via SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) provided they do not exceed 10 files and 300mb in total number and size.
- DVD must be re-writable and will be used to deliver the final issued documents.
Noncompliant submission may be subject to digitization fees and may delay processing times.
If you have any questions about the Electronic Submission Guidelines please do not hesitate to email Toronto Building's Electronic Service Delivery Team at firstname.lastname@example.org