You will need the latest version of the FREE Acrobat Reader to view the PDF files.
Developing a strong green industry cluster and existing business base
The City of Toronto has completed a Green Economic Sector Development Strategy (PDF 1.1MB, 99 pages) with a vision to become a globally recognized green industry hub.
This project will result in strategic initiatives to support and promote the ability of existing firms in all sectors to invest in technologies and processes as well as the economic growth and success of local environmental companies.
The strategy and action plan, "People, Planet & Profit: Catalyzing Economic Growth & Environmental Quality in the City of Toronto":
- provides a better understanding of the existing strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in Toronto's green industry and business sector
- recommends actions to enhance business competitiveness and stimulate job creation
- promotes green business practices to existing companies
- catalyzes innovation and foster environment and clean energy sector development, firm formation, expansion and recruitment
The study puts forward 10 priority actions, which centre around:
- stimulating a green market demand
- enhancing and leveraging partnerships with existing networks
- marketing the Toronto advantage in key economic clusters including environment, and renewable energy technology
- leading by example
- educating and expanding the workforce
- supporting existing business
For more information contact John Alderdice at 416-392-1004.