Municipal Child Care Centres and Toronto Home Child Care offer high quality programs, with a planned curriculum, which fosters the educational, recreational and developmental needs of children.
- Children have an opportunity to interact in a group setting with their peers and with a diverse team of adults.
- The goal of our program is to facilitate children in the development of independence, trust, confidence, and a positive self esteem. The individual needs of children are recognized and given special consideration in our programs.
- Nutrition, art, drama, music and physical education are an integral part of our curriculum.
- A child's progress is monitored through the use of developmental profiles, and parent/staff interviews are arranged on a regular basis.
- At MCCS, every child belongs. All our centres provide care for children with developmental challenges (social, physical, behaviour, language, cognitive).
ELECT - Early Learning for Every Child Today
The curriculum at MCCS centres is guided by ELECT - the Early Learning for Every Child Today framework . ELECT was created by a panel of child development and education experts and released by the Government of Ontario in 2008. ELECT describes how children learn and develop and provides a guideline for curriculum in early learning settings all across Ontario. It features a continuum of developmental skills and a shared language that supports early learning staff as they work with young children.
It aims to set a foundation for life-long learning success; encourages child care staff to partner with families; and uses play as a means to learning. It focuses on being responsive to children's interests, signals, and needs, and requires ongoing observation and documentation of learning and development in children.