Toronto City Councillors
Councillor Chin Lee
Chin Lee was elected to Toronto Council in 2006.
Prior to entering politics, Chin was a consultant and manager in the private sector Information Technology industry. With over 30 years of business experience, Chin knows the importance of providing excellent and cost effective service. He looks forward to using his management expertise to make Toronto a model of fiscal accountability and to improving our environment.
As a 17 year resident of Ward 41, Chin has been an advocate for building strong communities. He's served as the President of the Goldhawk Community Association and co-founded the Scarborough Homeowner Alliance for Fair Taxation (SHAFT). Through SHAFT, Chin was involved in challenging the province's unfair system of property assessment and helped reduce property taxes for over 90% of Ward 41 homeowners.
In 1993 Chin was part of a grassroots community organization, Scarborough Needs Accountable Politicians (SNAP), which was formed to hold local politicians more accountable to the electorate. Chin's other volunteer accomplishments include:
- Member, of the Chinese Community Liaison Committee - 42nd Division Toronto Police
- Member, Milliken Park Community Centre Advisory Committee
- Member, Prince of Peace School Parent Council
- Initiated Neighbourhood Watch in Goldhawk Community
Chin, his wife Rita and two children live in the in the Agincourt Community of Ward 41. He is a graduate of York University and Ryerson.
Committees and agencies
- Scarborough Community Council
- Economic Development Committee
- Canadian National Exhibition Association, Municipal Section
- Community Partnership and Investment Program Appeals Committee
- Greater Toronto Area Agricultural Action Committee (GTA AAC)
- Scarborough Hospital Directors Nominating Committee
- Sheppard East Village BIA
- Toronto Atmospheric Fund, Board of Directors
You may need the free Adobe Acrobat Viewer to view PDF files.Back to top