Toronto City Councillors
Councillor Gloria Lindsay Luby
Gloria Lindsay Luby has been involved in municipal issues for many years, including four terms as a City Councillor in Etobicoke. She is in her fourth term as a Toronto City Councillor. Her experience includes serving as Trustee for the Etobicoke Board of Education, serving as Director of Strategic Planning for the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, working as a Senior Consulting Associate with Coopers and Lybrand and writing and speaking on municipal and public issues.
She is also President of Gloria Lindsay Luby Enterprises, a strategic management consulting company working with both the private and public sectors. She was the first woman appointed to the Board of Directors of Corporate Foods Ltd. In addition to her professional experience, Councillor Lindsay Luby is a volunteer in the community having served on a wide range of boards, including the Metro Toronto Advisory Board of the Salvation Army, Chair of the Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal in Etobicoke, President, The Planning Forum, Chair, Large Urban Section - Association of Municipalities of Ontario, and several terms as a Director of Arts Etobicoke, the Dorothy Ley Hospice and she served on the George Hull Centre Board of Directors. Gloria is a proud recipient of the Paul Harris Fellowship, which is the Rotary Club's highest recognition.
Councillor Lindsay Luby's education includes an honours degree from the University of Western Ontario and a Masters of Education degree from the University of Toronto. She is married to Larry and has three children.
Committees and agencies
- Etobicoke York Community Council
- Licensing and Standards Committee
- 22 Division Community Police Liaison Committee
- 23 Division Community Police Liaison Committee
- Canadian National Exhibition Association, Municipal Section
- Exhibition Place, Board of Governors
- Royal Agricultural Winter Fair Board of Governors
- Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA)
- Toronto Film Board
- Toronto Hydro Corporation, Board of Director
- Toronto Zoo, Board of Management
You may need the free Adobe Acrobat Viewer to view PDF files.Back to top