||Health Options at Work
Workplace Stress Resources - Services and Assessment Tools
Guarding Minds @ Work
Practical, user-friendly tools and resources to help assess an organization's mental health, and recommends action steps you can take.
For more information, contact Guarding Minds @ Work
- an explanation of the concept of psychological safety and health
- the business and legal case, and health considerations on why mental health in the workplace is important
- assessment tools:
- an organizational audit
- an initial scan of the workplace that provides an indication of some key areas of potential risk
- an online survey to measure psychological safety and health in your workplace through 12 risk factors such as levels of psychological support and protection, workload management, work/life balance and more
- a risk "Report Card" with actions that may help to reduce psychological risk in the workplace
- evaluation tools to measure progress and outcomes
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
- Fee for service.
- CMHA Toronto facilitators can conduct onsite workshops in various formats.
- To book CMHA to come to your organization or to discuss tailoring a workshop to meet your organization's needs, contact CMHA
For more information, contact Entec Corporation
For more information, contact Health Canada
Heart and Stroke Foundation
For more information, contact Heart and Stroke Foundation
Industrial Accident Prevention Association
For more information, contact Industrial Accident Prevention Association
For more information, contact Kaizen
Managing My Life Publishing and Training Inc.
For more information, contact Managing My Life Publishing and Training Inc.
Psychologically Healthy Workplace Program
For more information, contact Psychologically Healthy Workplace Program
- E-newsletter, articles and research abstractsand pod casts.
The Canadian Centre for Stress and Well Being
For more information, contact The Canadian Centre for Stress and Well Being
- Directory of stress management resources, services and organizations.
The Canadian Institute of Stress
For more information, contact The Canadian Institute of Stress
- Fee for service.
- Programs, consultation and tools for workplaces and individuals.
Victorian Order of Nurses (VON)
For more information, contact Victorian Order of Nurses (VON)
- Provide one hour interactive wellness workshops topics including Stress Management (managing stress in a changing environment, Seasonal Affective Disorder, depression, stress-coping in the sandwich generation).
- There are costs associated with this service.
York Region Health Unit
Two part self assessment Stress Test (PDF):
Both tools are drawn from the work of Dr. Martin Shain's Business Health Culture Index.
For more information, contact York Region Health Unit
- one tool for employees on stress and satisfaction
- one tool for employers on health and productivity (management styles)
Links to sites external to the Toronto Public Health Web site are provided as a convenience and their inclusion does not imply that Toronto Public Health endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of these sites.