Healthy Babies Healthy Children
Working together to give your child the best start in life.
Healthy Babies Healthy Children (HBHC) is a free home-visiting program that supports you and your family with:
- Having a healthy pregnancy
- Developing a positive relationship with your child
- Promoting your child's growth and development
HBHC is a long term home visiting program provided by Public Health Nurses and Family Home Visitors. Public Health Nurses are registered nurses and Family Home Visitors are experienced parents from many different cultural groups who may speak your language.
Who receives HBHC services
You may be able to receive HBHC services, if you live in Toronto and meet any one of the following criteria.
- Pregnant and are:
- A newcomer to Canada, here less than 3 years and having your first baby in Canada
- Facing challenging life situations
- 21 years of age and under
- Parent/caregiver with children under 3 years of age with questions about your:
- Child's growth and development
- Relationship with your child
If you are eligible, we will work together to support you with:
- Receiving prenatal health care
- Preparing for your baby's arrival
- Building strong relationships with your child
- Making a decision about feeding your baby
- Breastfeeding your baby
- Feeding your toddler/preschooler
- Becoming a parent
- Your child's health and/or behaviour
- Your child's growth and development
- Finding helpful services in your community
If you live outside the Toronto area and are interested in the Healthy Babies Healthy Children Program please contact your Local Public Health Unit.
Last updated November 2012