Toronto Long-Term Care Homes and Services
At Toronto Long-Term Care Homes and Services, we are proud of the care team that makes a difference, every day, in the lives of thousands of residents. Our team includes experts in nursing and personal care, medical, recreational, rehabilitation, nutritional, spiritual, social work, housekeeping and administrative services.
We are dedicated to being leaders in long-term care, and we're looking for some special people to help us continue this tradition. If you are looking for employment as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse, we'd like to talk with you about the special contribution you can make.
If you are looking to join our team, we offer some unique rewards:
- competitive salary and benefits
- opportunities to build long-term relationships with the people in your care
- opportunity to learn and work in a culturally diverse environment
- employment on a full-time or part-time basis, and exceptional opportunities for advancement
- opportunity to enhance management skills through City of Toronto training programs
- a team-based organization that encourages you to play an active role in the decision-making process
- ongoing in-service training to stay on the leading edge of geriatric care
- variety of locations across Toronto
- opportunity to work on a care team with one of Canada's largest geriatric care providers
The biggest reward: the people
At Toronto Long-Term Care Homes and Services, our care team doesn't end with our staff. You will also have a great opportunity to get to know the residents you are working with, build relationships with family members and friends, and work with a dedicated team of volunteers who bring the outside community into each home. Many homes even have pets to help maintain a warm family atmosphere.
About Toronto Long-Term Care Homes and Services
The City of Toronto owns and directly operates 10 long-term care facilities. Toronto Long-Term Care Homes and Services provides long-term care for people who can no longer live independently in the community. In addition to the homes themselves, we also administer a supportive housing program, to provide the option of a supportive environment where there is access to 24-hour assistance, as an alternative to admission to a long-term care facility. As well, we offer services that help people remain in their own homes for as long as possible. These include respite care, Adult Day Centres, the Homemakers and Nurses Services Program and Meals-On-Wheels.
The City of Toronto does not accept resumes for any positions which are not listed in the job board so visit our website regularly to look for new opportunities.
Committed to employment equity, the City of Toronto encourages applicants from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, racial minorities and women.
Back to top