Special Needs Program Staff TR0001
Location: Various location's in North District
Period of Employment: July - August up to 35 hours, Training end of June
Date and Time: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wage: $12.30 per hour
Application Deadline: Friday April 13, 2012 4:00pm
- * All applicants must specify job title and location when applying.
- * Current staff interested in this opportunity should submit a late scheduling form directing it to the staffing co-ordinator listed below. Please attach your resume.
- Performs administrative tasks necessary to support the program.
- Provides support to participants ensuring that programs are modified to promote an inclusive environment.
- Advocates on behalf of participants.
- Ensures that consistent behaviour management techniques are followed.
- Complies with health and safety procedures when assisting participants with personal hygiene (i.e. Diaper change, feeding etc.), lifts, transfers and life skills.
- Reviews participant files and communicates information with appropriate staff.
- Assists with and/or administers medication.
- Maintains an inventory of all program equipment and ensures that it is kept in a state of good repair.
- Reports any damage to equipment and orders supplies.
- Interacts with staff, participants and the public to provide program information.
- Assists with the delivery of special events.
- Visits/supports various locations.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City policies and procedures.
- Experience with or knowledge of disability issues.
- Relevant education is an asset.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certification may be preferred for certain programs/camps.
To apply for this position, mail, fax or hand-deliver your application form, resume and cover letter which describes your qualifications in relation to the qualifications required to:
Kathy Lytle, Recruitment Co-ordinator
North York Civic Centre
5100 Yonge St., 3rd Floor
North York, ON
Fax: (416) 395-7886
Contact for more information
Community Recreation Programmer: Matt Hilts
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.