- Q: What happens to the centres and their programs when it's heavily snowing/raining? Will lessons still continue?
- A: Both ski centres operate all programs in all weather conditions including heavy snow, rain, sleet, wind, and days full of sunshine. Our instructors are trained to deal with various weather conditions and to ensure that quality lessons take place. However, in very severe conditions the centres may close and postpone lessons. Lessons cancelled by our operation will be added to the end of the regularly scheduled period of lessons.
- Q: Can I register late for an 8-Week Program? What happens if I miss my first class?
- A: You can still register for the 8-week program up until the second class of the program. Those who have registered for an 8-week program can miss their first class; but if they miss a second class, they must demonstrate the appropriate ski/snowboard ability to rejoin the class. This is to ensure a steady and fair learning pace for all participants, so try not to miss a class!
- Q: How long are the lessons for 8-week programs and how is class time used?
- A: All regular eight-week programs are 50 minutes in length and an additional 10 minutes are designated for class
organization, attendance and lesson wrap up. Additional organization time may be required during the first two lessons.
- Q: What about 3 & 4 Day Programs - can I register after the first class has already passed?
- A: Yes, registration for the camps or 4 day programs are permitted up to the start of the program’s second class only.
- Q: I registered for a program which doesn't suit my abilities. Can I transfer classes?
- A: Transfers are allowed in-between classes, however a transfer fee of $10 (per person/per course) will be applied. Be sure to request a transfer before the third class/day, and transfers will be prorated. Transfers are not permitted for certification programs or as determined by Parks, Forestry and Recreation Staff.
- Q: What's the difference between a "No Rental" and a "With Rental"?
- A: WWhen registering for instructional programs, there are usually two options available: "No Rental and With Rental". "No Rental" consists of the lesson only, including lift access during the lesson time only. Helmet and equipment are NOT included. "With Rental" includes the lesson fee as well as a full set of rental equipment and helmet for use during lesson time only and lift access (during lesson time only). Please note that if a program does not have a "With Rental" code listed, it means that rental equipment is NOT available on that day/time.
- Q: I changed my mind about the program. Can I withdraw from the program?
- A: Yes, you can withdraw from the program but please initiate the withdrawal in writing prior to the start of the programs second class/day. No refunds or credits will be considered after this date. Be aware that withdrawals will be prorated based on the date of withdrawal, not based on attendance in the program. A $10 administration fee will be deducted, per person, per program, for all refunds, withdrawals and credits. Requests must be submitted in writing, dated and delivered in person to the respective Ski & Snowboard Centre.
- Q: As a parent/guardian of a child taking a lesson, what do I have to be aware of?
- A: All children must be picked up by their parent/quardian at the end of their lesson. The parent/guardian must also stay on the premises during lessons.
- Q: What happens if I miss a class due to personal reasons?
- A: We strongly recommended that if a lesson is missed (due to personal reasons), the student must practice or
schedule a private lesson (at their own cost) to ensure they do not fall behind their group ability level. There are no make-up classes for lessons missed for personal reasons.
- Q: Can I stay on the lifts after my lesson to have a bit more practice time?
- A: Lesson fees include lift time during lesson time only. You must purchase additional lift time in order to keep using the lifts. There is absolutely no extended time on equipment rental or lift access after the end of a lesson.
- Q: Are there classes on Family Day?
- A: There will be no classes held on Family Day. Lessons will still be their full listed duration as a class will be added at the end of the session.