Business tenants and new property owners are required to provide proof of tenancy/ownership in order to vote in the creation of a proposed new or expanded BIA.
The acceptable proof of tenancy/ownership identification document(s) used must include the business name and business address. Note: A document with a business name and address may be used as proof of business tenancy only if it is written on the letterhead of the issuer of the document.
No document other than those included on this list may be accepted to establish the name and address of the business. Only one identification document is required to prove business tenancy.
The acceptable proof of business tenancy identification document(s) used must include the business name and business address.
Acceptable identification select one of:
- Utility bill (telephone, internet, hydro, gas or water)
- Bank/Credit Card Statement
- Lease or Rental Agreement/Statement
- Insurance Policy/Statement
- Business Card
- Cancelled Business Cheque
- Loan or Financial Agreement with a Financial Institution
- Document issued or certified by a court in Ontario
- City of Toronto Business Licence
- Evidence of Business Registration
- Any Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) document
- Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or the City of Toronto or from an agency of such a government.
Submitting the form
Complete and sign the form (PDF) along with a copy of proof of tenancy and return to City Hall, 100 Queen Street West, Floor 1 West, Toronto ON M5H 2N2 by fax at 416-392-1260, or e-mail PollingRegistryServices@toronto.ca by 4:30 p.m. on or before the close of the poll. Information is collected under Toronto Municipal Code Chapter 19, Business Improvement Areas, for the purpose of determining the opinions of business owners and business tenants.
You may need the free Adobe Acrobat Viewer to view PDF files.