Target70 = 70% waste diversion from landfill
At the June 20, 2007 City Council meeting, Council approved a new plan to achieve this diversion goal, including a new funding system, the volume-based rate structure, to pay for the required additional programs and services.
- Toronto City Council Decision Document - see pages 111-112 (Meeting Date: December 11, 12 and 13, 2007)
- Staff Report to November 28, 2007 Public Works and Infrastructure Committee meeting: Response to Council Motions - Getting to 70% Diversion
- Toronto City Council Decision Document - see pages 2-9 (Meeting Date: June 19, 20, 22, 2007)
- Staff Presentation to City Council, June 20, 2007
- Staff Report to May 28, 2007 Executive Committee meeting: Proposed Initiatives and Financing Model to get to 70% Solid Waste Diversion