Construction Standards for Road Works
This site was last updated on July 30, 2012
These construction standards are provided for City staff and consulting engineers working on capital improvement projects and for consulting engineers working for the development industry preparing engineering designs and drawings for private developments in the city of Toronto.
These standards provide the technical information necessary for designing and constructing all roads and other surface related linear infrastructure.
Contractors bidding or engaged in capital improvement projects should fully review all applicable specifications and standard drawings to ensure compliance with the contract requirements and City standards.
Construction Standards are under constant review and are often subject to modification and revision; therefore users are advised to periodically check the City's website for updated versions.
The standard construction specifications and drawings that are available on the City of Toronto website are for reference only. Users have the option to view or download the specifications or drawings either as individual files or as a combined document.
Current Specifications and Drawings
City of Toronto Construction Specifications for Road Works – T1
City of Toronto Construction Drawings for Road Works – T2
Ontario Provincial Standards
- Adopted Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications (OPSS) – T3
- Adopted Ontario Provincial Standard Drawings (OPSD) – T4
The adopted Ontario Provincial Standards can be viewed or downloaded here.
Revision Information Sheets
- Information for Users
- Revision Information Sheet No. 7 - Nov 2010
- Revision Information Sheet No. 6 - Nov 2009
- Revision Information Sheet No. 5 - Apr 2008
- Revision Information Sheet No. 4 - Nov 2007
- Revision Information Sheet No. 3 - Jun 2007
- Revision Information Sheet No. 2 - Nov 2006
- Revision Information Sheet No. 1 - Mar 2006
For comments, suggestions or any specification related enquiry e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.