Propelling micro-food enterprise into business operations
The Toronto Food Business Incubator (TFBI), a registered, stand-alone, not-for-profit organization run by a volunteer board of directors, fosters growth in food industry micro-enterprises. Members of TFBI have access to business resources and industry-standard equipment that can shift start-up micro-enterprises into commercialized food businesses.
The TFBI facility, located at 133 Rivalda Road, opened on July 1, 2007, and offers the following:
- a 24-hour fully equipped, commercially certified kitchen
- priority scheduling for use of kitchen facilities
- business plan analysis and feedback
- access to consultant(s) on a limited basis
- an option to purchase shared liability insurance
- assistance in migration to independent facilities (ie. co-packer or stand-alone kitchen)
- assistance in developing business principles such as: business plan improvements; sales attraction; accounting; market research; low-cost marketing tools for business promotion; product and service pricing; employee recruitment and motivation; and financial statement analysis.
Equipment available at the TFBI includes:
- walk-in cooler
- walk-in freezer
- Ice-Omatic machine
- deli-style meat cutters
- Garland 8-burner stove and ovens
- Garland grill and flat grill
- industrial capacity dishwasher
- Cleveland gas kettle
- Varimixer 20 qt. mixer
- MCO convection oven
- various packaging machinery
For general inquiries or to request an application form, please contact TFBI at email@example.com or call 416-401-8888.
Visit the Toronto Food Business Incubator website