About City Services and Agencies
The City provides services to City residents, businesses and visitors, many 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Learn more about each of the services the City provides to the public and businesses in Toronto.
- Read about Services and service levels.
- The City produces annual reports on the how it performs for 28 service areas, compares its performance to previous years and to other municipalities. The City's latest report, How's Toronto Doing? Measuring Toronto's Progress (PDF), was released in May 2011 and is available here (PDF). To find out more about how the City of Toronto measures its performance, visit the City of Toronto's Progress Portal by clicking here.
- View the presentation by City staff on the delivery of City Services given at the City-run consultation meetings.
- In addition to providing services to Toronto residents, visitors and businesses, the City staff provide services to Council and all of the City's divisions, agencies and corporations to make sure the City government works well and meets all of its responsibilities. Find out more about the City’s Governance and Support Services.
- The City has 108 agencies, including 71 Business Improvement Areas (BIAs) and 5 corporations. Learn more about the agencies and corporations created to deliver services for the City.
- Front line staff deliver services from more than 2,600 locations throughout the city. To find out about specific services, or if you have a question call 311 Toronto or visit toronto.ca/311 or visit toronto.ca/services.