The Toronto Film, Television and Digital Media Office (TFTO) handles all calls for everything dealing with film permit requests on City property e.g. City-owned street, sidewalk, boulevard, park, building or property.

If you want to film on private property, you must first get permission from the property owner before you contact the TFTO office to obtain your permit. The permission doesn't have to be in writing, but it is stipulated on the permit that the owner is aware of the filming.

Fee: There is no charge for the filming permit itself. However, if your production vehicles are parked where there are meters, the Toronto Film & Television Office will charge you for the meters based on the number of production vehicles, metered spaces and duration of parking. These charges will be reflected on your permit. Payment is accepted by way of cash, money order or certified cheque and is payable at the time you pick up your permit from our office. The film company is responsible for out-of-pocket expenses.

Film permits can be submitted online at - see forms.

Film-shoot road closures now mapped:
Film and Entertainment Industries, Transportation Services and the Web Revitalization Project have enhanced the City's online Road Restrictions Map to show road restrictions caused by filming. Toronto is North America's third-largest screen-based production centre and city streets are busy places for filming.