If you have no water or have not received communication that Toronto Water is conducting repairs in your neighbourhood, visit the No Water map to see if your location or address is indicated. 

  1. If you have experienced a sudden loss of water pressure and multiple taps in your home or building are affected, call 311.

    In order to submit this service request:
    1. You must be the property owner, manager, superintendent or contractor. If you are a contractor, you must notify the property owner first.
    2. Someone must be onsite for City staff to access the property

    Toronto Water staff will arrive within 24 hours.

  2. If you live in a residential property and have been experiencing ongoing water pressure issues for an extended period of time, call 311.

    Appointments are available between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Monday to Friday (appointments are not available during weekends and holidays), and take approximately 90 minutes to complete.

    In order for a flow test to be performed:
    1. You must be the homeowner making the request
    2. Multiple taps in your home must be affected
    3. Your home must have a water meter, and the water service must be copper up to the meter
    4. The stop & waste valve is operable
    5. Someone over the age of 18 must be on site in order for City staff to access the property
  3. Multi-residential, industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) property owners, managers, superintendents and contractors, if the pressure issues are affecting the entire building (every tap/floor/or unit), call 311
  • If only a portion of the building is affected, please contact a plumber.

Flow tests

All flow tests must be conducted using a special flow metering device which is inserted where the water service enters the building at the location of the water meter. There is no charge for a flow test.

A sound plumbing system is required to ensure that any water service hammering that takes place during the test, does not cause a leak. Old lead or galvanized plumbing before the water meter is problematic and susceptible to leaks when water line hammering occurs. The City does not accept liability for water line hammer damage and any leakage as a result of a flow test. The property owner must replace the service line to copper before City staff can perform a flow test.

If you are a resident of a multi-residential property, you must contact your Property Management Office about this issue.

City of Toronto website has information on reasons why you may be experiencing no water or low pressure.

Residential properties

  • The City will only take action to resolve water pressure issues if it is determined that your water pressure is equal or less than 7 litres per minute measured at the meter (this is below the minimum acceptable flow for a single family residential property.
  • If the results of the test indicate that the water services is transmitting a flow of less than 7 litres/minute, then the water service will be deemed a priority and will be replaced in approximately 7 days.
  • You must meet the requirements as set out above.

If you do not have a water meter, please contact the Meter Office.

Related Information: