Ministry of Government Services – Business Name Registration

Business names are registered with the Companies and Personal Property Security Branch (CPPSB) of the Ministry of Government Services (MGS) and are placed on the Public Record maintained by CPPSB for public disclosure.

375 University Ave., 2nd Fl., Toronto (walk-in) or

393 University Ave., Ste. 200, Toronto M5G 2M2 (Mailing Address)

Tel: 416-314-8880 or 1-800-361-3223

To register visit:

Additional Resources:

Types of Legal Structures You Can Register

Registrations can also be completed at all Enterprise Toronto offices.

Canada Business Ontario (CBO)

Part of the Canada Business Network, a source for information on government services for business — from start-up, financing, growth to regulatory compliance. In Ontario, CBO provides business information and services from both the federal and provincial governments — all at no cost.

Tel:  1-888-576-4444


Ontario Small Business Enterprise Centers

Small Business Enterprise Centres (SBECs) and community-based providers offer entrepreneurs all the tools they need to start and grow their businesses.  Find a Service Provider in your municipality.

Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario

The AGCO regulates the sale, service and consumption of beverage alcohol, and ensures that commercial gaming, charitable gaming and lotteries are conducted in the public interest and in a manner that is socially and financially responsible.

General telephone: 416-326-8700              Toll free in Ontario: 1-800-522-2876


Ontario Ministry of Labour

Information on Employment Standards, Labour Regulations, Occupational Health & Safety for Small Business.


Employer Health Tax (EHT)

The EHT is a payroll tax applied to all employers in Ontario. Unless exempted, all employers with a permanent establishment in Ontario must register for the EHT. For the first $400,000 of the payroll, eligible private-sector employers are exempt from paying the EHT