Small Business Month
October is Small Business Month – an entire month dedicated to honouring Canadian small businesses and the entrepreneurs that drive them.
Small Business Month celebrates the important contributions entrepreneurs make to their local communities. This October, the City encourages local business owners to take the time to develop new ideas to grow their businesses. And, more importantly, we encourage local residents to support their local small businesses.
With the support of City partners, including TD, Microsoft, TruShield Insurance and Vistaprint, we will be hosting a range of informative events and activities throughout the entire month of October. The goal is to ensure Toronto’s small business community has the resources it needs to continue to growth and thrive.
Ask The Expert – Vistaprint
Date: October 1
Business Plan Bootcamp
Date: October 4
Open House – Lunch N’ Learn at Vistaprint Spaces
Date: October 10
Ask The Expert – Insurance Session
Ask The Expert – Legal Session
E-Commerce 101 with Shopify
Futurpreneur Info Session
Marketing Boot Camp
Sales Boot Camp
Regulated and Prohibited Consumer Products in Canada
WSIB, Health & Safety Laws for Small Businesses
Small Business Self Defense
Website Building for Beginners
Starting Your Business 101
Legal Boot Camp
Business Operations Bootcamp
- Most employers hate the idea of going virtual, but companies in Canada increasingly choose to shrink their real estate footprint and adopt work-from-home.
- Positive and helpful customer service can generate considerable goodwill and loyalty amongst #customers, but how do you guarantee an engaging experience is enjoyed by all when you have so many other plates to keep spinning?
- There are ways that you can minimize errors and omissions, however, mistakes do happen. Knowing that you’re covered in the event of an error or omission in your work will help keep your mind at ease so you can focus on your
- Ever wonder what Canadians expect from your #business? Microsoft, in partnership with YouGov, commissioned market research to uncover what consumers around the world (including #Canada) expect from businesses when buying goods and service
- As a small #business owner, it’s often difficult to quickly summarize what you do. The following tips will help you give a brief introduction that highlights the benefits of working with you.
- In the unfortunate scenario that your small #business falls victim to a hack, there are specific steps that you can take to recover from the breach and minimize your losses. Here are five tips on how to recover from a cyberbreach
- There is a lot of discussion among business owners about the modern workplace, and the idea that where and how we work has changed. This change is a result of the realities of the workforce–we’re more diverse in age, as an example–and the role that technology plays in helping us to get our jobs done.
- If your business is growing, the tasks needed to keep it heading in the right direction are going to mount up and it might be a struggle to stay on top of things; could it be time to look at hiring your first employee?
- Check out the new online interactive, tool that can help you learn about risk management, understand your business insurance needs, get a customized quote, and buy a policy in just a few short minutes.
- Referrals can be a powerful and an inexpensive way to build trust and attract new customers. How you can harness the power of your customers to grow your #business.
- Find out what type of #Business Insurance coverage is best for your small business
- From using business intelligence tools to building a better #sales pipeline, discover 10 practices you can adopt to become a data-driven organization.
- When you’ve suffered a loss in your small #business, no matter how big or small, it’s never easy. In the moment, emotion can often take over and cloud your judgement. Follow these four steps when you think you have an insurance claim.
- To convince someone to use your business, you need to master the art of selling yourself. Learn everything you need to know about pitching and presenting your small business.
- Looking for ways to motivate a sales team? From dashboards to gamification, this post explains how a smart mix of information, collaboration, and #technology can help inspire better results.
- Check out these 5 great apps that can help make living a healthier, more balanced lifestyle a little easier for the busy Canadian #entrepreneur.
- While you may have the best product or service on the #market, #customer trust is built throughout the entire journey—from first contact to final purchase. Read some of the ways you can build (or destroy) crucial customer trust.
- Running a home-based #business comes with unique risks that demand good protection. Protect your business and its assets with a home insurance policy.
- Vista Print has put together a comprehensive glossary to help you understand how to build your #brand identity and apply it to your #marketing products.
- When it comes to data, gathering information is only half of the challenge – it’s what you do with it that counts. How do you communicate the insights from your data more effectively? Learn how to unlock the potential within your data through visualization.
- Your business deserves the best defense when it comes to protection against bodily injury lawsuits. That’s why having commercial general liability (CGL) insurance and establishing best practices can help you keep your business on its A-game.
- How to find – and share – the special “something” that sets your #business apart from others.
- Discover how to empower teams with the right teamwork tools, capitalize on strengths, enable anywhere anytime connectivity, and encourage a collaborative culture.
- There are key differences between commercial and personal auto insurance policy coverage, and these differences could leave you vulnerable. Here are four questions you should ask yourself when debating a commercial auto policy.
- What people think about your business is vital and it can play a big part in shaping your business’ growth. In this article, we’re going to run through five key areas where practical changes could ensure customers are happy, listened to, and that your business booms
- Get those margins up! Use modern technology to squeeze more value out of your time. Embrace these five Profit Principles and get razor-focused on maximizing productivity and minimizing your costs.
- Learn the basics about cyber breaches, how they can impact your #business, how to recover from one, and how cyber event expense insurance can help protect your business and your bottom line.
- The day you start your business is the day your business is exposed to liability. Why? Well, at any time, your business could be the target of a lawsuit from a customer, someone browsing in your shop or even just a passer-by. Anyone who comes into contact with your business could potentially file a claim against you.
- To convince someone to use your business, you need to master the art of selling yourself. Download this eBook to understand everything you need to know about #pitching and presenting your small business.
- If your company’s ready for new possibilities, decreased costs, and increased revenue, we’ll help you make more time for your personal life. Adopt new ideas and #technologies, and invent new ways of running your business.
Enterprise Toronto Sponsors: