How to Run Your Own Business
The How To Run Your Business Program is focused on helping clients develop their business ideas and growth plans – so whether you’re starting out, looking to refine your operations, or plan for expansion, the How To Run Your Business Program has the tools you need.
The program includes:
- A 10-course training program focused on developing all elements of your business;
- Access to one-on-one advisory support after completing the training program;
- Connections with mentors for coaching, advice and inspiration; and,
- Ability to work from Enterprise Toronto’s North York Civic Centre Office for up to six-months (includes touchdown space, WIFI and meeting space).
The program is sector agnostic and is focused on helping entrepreneurs that are ready to take their business idea, or existing business, to the next level.
The 10-session training program is a step-by-step course for those who want to learn more than just how to complete a business plan. It’s about learning how to effectively use a plan too.
- How to develop a business model and plan
- How to do market research
- How to prepare a marketing plan
- Low cost, no cost marketing tools
- How to market your business online
- How to keep books and basic bookkeeping
- How to prepare a profit and loss statement
- How to calculate your break-even point
- How to prepare a cash flow forecast
- How to analyze a balance sheet
- Legal requirements for small business
- Costing and pricing your product or service
- Time management tips and tools
- Sales skills and customers service
- How to apply for a business loan
- How to use systems to improve your management
- How to keep yourself motivated and disciplined
- What it takes to become a successful business
- How to work smarter, not harder
- How to manage your employees
Clients will have access to a comprehensive Small Business Training Manual, business tools and templates.
The training sessions will be delivered over 10 or five weeks (accelerated program).
Clients receive one-on-one business advisory support during and after their completion of the program.
Clients will be connected with mentors who will provide coaching and insights into their business plans.
StarterSpace @North York
Clients are able to work from Enterprise Toronto’s office at the North York Civic Centre – StarterSpace @North York. Access includes touchdown office space provided on a first-come-first-served basis during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), WiFi, and boardrooms that can be booked for meetings.
New session dates will be announced in 2019.
The How To Run Your Business Program is $495.00 plus HST.