Self-Serve Digital Copying Policy
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
You can use your own camera to make digital copies of archival records, such as photographs and documents, for free.
When and Where
- In the Archives’ Research Hall during our open hours.
- Restrictions may apply:
- when original records are very fragile
- when there are copyright issues
Terms and Conditions
- It is your responsibility to follow copyright rules.
- You may not use any device that comes in contact with the records.
- You may not take pictures of other people in the Research Hall.
- Please follow the directions of staff to make sure that no harm comes to the archival records.