Annual Fraud and Waste Hotline Reports
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
2015 Annual Report on Fraud and Hotline Activities – February 17, 2016
- Audit Committee Agenda Item AU5.2 – March 7, 2016
Background on the Fraud & Waste Hotline Program
In 2002, a Fraud and Waste Hotline was established to allow employees, Councillors and members of the public to report allegations of fraud, waste or other wrongdoing without fear of retribution.
- Protects City assets
- Reduces losses
- Deters fraud, wrongdoing and waste
- Strengthens internal controls
- Improves policies and procedures
- Increases operational efficiencies
- Identifies trends, addresses risks, makes action-oriented recommendations to management, and informs the Auditor General’s annual work plan