Community Centre Boards
The City has ten board-operated community centres that offer programs to address community-based recreation and social needs through an alternative model to internal City Division program delivery. These Community Centre Boards of Management (Community Centres) are collectively referred to as the Association of Community Centres (AOCCs).
Follow this link for information on the Board governance structure for the Community Centre Boards of Management.
The Community Centres provide public space, programs, and services to meet the diverse and changing needs of communities. They are committed to fostering a sense of community, promoting civic engagement, and enhancing the quality of life through the development, provision, and support of activities, services and programs responsive to local needs
List of Community Centre Boards of Management
- 519 Church Street Community Centre
- Applegrove Community Complex
- Cecil Street Community Centre
- Central Eglinton Community Centre
- Community Centre 55
- Eastview Neighbourhood Community Centre
- Waterfront Neighborhood Centre (formerly Harbourfront Community Centre)
- Ralph Thornton Community Centre
- Scadding Court Community Centre
- Swansea Town Hall Community Centre