Invest Toronto Inc. (Invest Toronto) is a City corporation established by City Council to engage the private sector in marketing and promotional activities to increase business investment and create jobs in the city.
The Corporation’s key activities included:
- Promoting and advertising for business investment in targeted industries
- Organizing and participating in trade missions
- Coordinating initiatives with other public sector agencies and businesses
In 2016, City Council approved the City’s partnership in Toronto Global to carry out the same activities as Invest Toronto but on a regional scale. In 2017, Council approved the wind up of Invest Toronto and a plan to transition and transfer assets to Toronto Global.
Key Council Decisions
- City Council adopted EX26.9: Wind-Up of Invest Toronto (July 2017)
- City Council adopted EX16.15: Update on the Creation of a Foreign Direct Investment Regional Agency (July 2016)
Search for other City Council decisions about Invest Toronto.