Transit Responsibilities Review: Consultation and Engagment
Several changes are being made to how we plan for transit in this City. We want to make sure your voice is heard.
In June 2019, the City undertook various consultation activities to inform residents about Toronto’s transit maintenance and expansion needs, the transit responsibilities review between the City and Province, and the Province’s transit expansion proposal. We provided information and consulted via:
- Public Information Centres
- Pop-up events
- Online Survey
- Social media
- Third Party Research
An expert advisory panel has also been established by the City of Toronto and TTC to provide objective input and advice to the City Manager and CEO TTC on the Transit Responsibilities Review. See below for more information.
The following summaries provide an overview of the four Public information Centres (PIC’s) that were held, including a summary of the question and answer periods for each meeting.
- PIC #1 – June 13, 2019: Consultation Summary
- PIC #2 – June 20, 2019: Consultation Summary
- PIC #3 – June 22, 2019: Consultation Summary
- PIC #4 – June 27, 2019: Consultation Summary
The information that was presented at the public meetings can be found below:
An expert advisory panel has been established by the City of Toronto and TTC to provide objective input and advice to the City Manager and CEO TTC on the Transit Responsibilities Review. The Institute on Municipal Governance and Finance is coordinating and designing the program of meetings for the Expert Advisory Panel on behalf of the City.
The panel’s mandate is to provide its best objective, evidence-based advice to the City based on expertise in various areas relating to governance, funding, planning and operations of public transit systems in a local and regional context.
Meetings and Agendas
- Meeting 1:June 5, 2019
- Meeting 2: June 17, 2019
- Meeting 3: July 9, 2019
- Meeting 4: July 23, 2019
- Meeting 5: August 22, 2019
- Meeting 6: September 17, 2019
A summary report on the Expert Panel discussions will be published in Fall 2019.
- Enid Slack (Co-Chair and Panel Facilitator)
- Pedro Barata
- Joe Berridge
- Drew Fagan
- Steven Farber
- Debbie Gillespie
- Shirley Hoy
- Andy Manahan
- Joe Pennachetti
- Bill Robson
- Shoshanna Saxe
- Matti Siemiatycki
- Hana Syed
- Patricia Wood
For more on the panel members, read the panel member biographies.
Later this year, we will:
- Report to Council with a summary of feedback gathered;
- Use your input to inform discussions with the Province about the long-term model for transit in Toronto;
- Report to Council on our assessment of the Province’s transit expansion proposal; and
- Work with the Province to ensure local input into their proposed transit expansion projects.
Join our Project distribution list. Leave your email or mailing address at the welcome table or subscribe online.
- Type (do not copy and paste) your email into the box below, check the box and click Subscribe. You will then receive email instructions to confirm your subscription. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at 416-398-5395