Long-Term Care Homes & Services – Complaints & Compliments
If you are pleased with the service being provided or you have a suggestion on how we can improve the care and services you receive, please email the applicable Home Contact, Community Based Programs or Head Office.
For Concerns and Complaints
Long-Term Care Homes
We aim to provide the best possible care and services. However, if we do not meet your expectations, we want to know about it and will try to make things right, or communicate any constraints as quickly as possible.
- Talk to a member of the care team who you feel comfortable with and trust
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, talk to the Nurse Manager
- If you still have more to resolve, talk to the next senior manager, either the Director of Care/Nursing or Assistant Administrator
- If you have been unable to provide an acceptable resolution, contact the Home Administrator
We expect your issue, concern or complaint to be resolved within the home, but if not, please call the Director, Long-Term Care Homes at 416-392-8906. The General Manager is also available to help you seek an acceptable resolution to your concern or complaint.
Community Based Programs
- Talk to your caseworker if you are a client of the Homemakers and Nurses Services program, or talk to your Registered Practical Nurse if you are a client in the Supportive Housing Program
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, talk to the Supervisor, Community Programs
- If you have been unable to provide an acceptable resolution, you should contact the Manager of Community Programs at 416-392-8579
We expect your issue, concern or complaint to be resolved, but if not, please contact the Director, Resident Care & Services. The General Manager is also available to help you seek an acceptable resolution to your concern or complaint.
Acknowledgement of Complaint
We are committed to excellence in customer service and commit to respond to every complaint as soon as possible; our service standard will not exceed 48 hours during regular business hours.
Complaint Follow-up Service Standard
The division is committed to provide feedback to the complainant with an interim response, within two business days after acknowledgement of receipt of complaint. The service standard for complaint resolution is variable dependent upon the nature of the complaint.