311 Toronto Budget
311 Toronto provides the City of Toronto a one-window brand and customer service system that supports residents, businesses and visitors. 311 Toronto provides access to non-emergency City services, programs and information 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Information inquiries or requests are received via multiple channels such as phone, online, email, mobile phone applications and Twitter. 311 Toronto delivers the following services:
- 311 Project Management Office Development
- 311 Front Line Service Delivery
- 311 Information & Business Processing including Content Management
- 311 Metrics and Performance Reporting
311 Toronto capital projects relate specifically to management of significant call volumes received and service integration with client City Divisions and Agencies.
Download the Budget Analyst Notes for 311 Toronto for detailed information on service levels, key initiatives, challenges and performance measures. You can also review budget highlights below.
311 Toronto plays an essential role as the gateway to City information for programs and services available to residents, business owners or visitors. Using modern approaches, dedicated and knowledgeable staff are available 24/7, 365 days per year, to provide a quality customer experience through multiple channels of communication.
Download the 311 Toronto Program Map to better understand the services and activities 311 Toronto delivers on behalf of the City.
The total cost to deliver these services to Toronto residents is $19.3 million gross and $10.1 million net.
- 1.9% budget increase over the 2018 approved net pperating budget to maintain existing service levels and meet additional service demands.
- $0.200 million new/enhanced funding to handle increased volume of inquiries for Toronto Public Health and Toronto Building.
- 2020/2021 Increases primarily for known inflationary adjustments for salaries, benefits and contracts.
- The Staff Recommended 2019 Operating Budget is $0.188 million or 1.9% above the 2018 approved budget while maintaining current service levels as customer contacts have risen from 2.0 million in 2014 to over 3.6 million in 2018.
- Maintaining service levels as call volumes and complexities increase.
- Replace and upgrade existing technologies while ensuring the stability of existing platforms.
- Talent retention, especially within the 311 Project Management Office.
- Readiness for key partners to modernize and transform customer service processes.
- Focus on the Phase 2 implementation of Enterprise Customer Relationship Management (E-CRM) tool to meet the high customer service standards 311 strives for.
- As costs continue to rise, 311 is exploring opportunities to provide an enhanced level of self-service options by focusing on Digital Migration and Channel Counter Strategies.
- Continue working on Enterprise Work Order Management System (EWMS) project to enhance the information available to residents for work order status updates.
- Ensure staff are trained on industry-wide best practices in order to strive for continuous improvement.
Capital Budget and Plan
The 10-year Capital Plan is $27.2 million to support state-of-good-repair and service improvements projects.
Highlights – 1 Year
- $1.538 million – Continues the CRM Upgrade and Replacement to extend the solution to Toronto Water, Solid Waste, and Municipal Licensing & Standards
- $1.565 million – For the Channel and Counter Strategy – Phase 2 project to transition manual transactions to a digital platform
- $0.500 million – To enhance the current Knowledge-Based system.
Highlights – 10 Years
- $10.478 million – Service Improvement projects to modernize and integrate IT systems.
- $16.743 million – State-of-good-repair projects for technology upgrades and replacement.
Find more information on specific City issues, opportunities and challenges in the briefing notes and reports prepared by City staff. Documents will be posted as they become available.
Presentations made to committee and City Council provide an overview of the 2019 City budget. Documents will be posted as they become available.