Heritage Toronto Budget
Heritage Toronto celebrates and commemorates the City’s rich heritage and the diverse stories of its people, places and events. Working with the private sector, community organizations, and volunteers across the City, Heritage Toronto delivers walking and bus tours, installs heritage plaques, produces the annual Heritage Toronto Awards and delivers an increasing number of digital programs. Heritage Toronto provides two main services:
- Heritage Promotion and Education
- Heritage Fundraising and Partnership Development
Download the detailed Budget Analyst Notes for Heritage Toronto. You can also review budget highlights below.
Heritage Toronto’s mandate is to enhance the understanding and appreciation of Toronto’s past and present among residents and visitors through education, commemoration and celebration of the city’s diverse people, places and events
Download the Heritage Toronto Program Map.
The total Operating Budget for Heritage Toronto is $1.1 million gross and $0.4 million net.
- 5.1% Budget decrease over the 2018 Approved Net Operating Budget due to an increase in donations as well as one-time federal grant while maintaining existing service levels.
- 2020/2021 Decreases attributable to the reversals of non-recurring revenue and its associated expenditures.
- The full-time Manager of Philanthropy position has been vacant for the 2nd year in a row and the funding has been used to pay for small writing contracts to increase donations in the absence of philanthropy position.
- The absence of a Plaques presenting sponsor has increased budget pressures and new one-time revenues have been utilized to mitigate these pressures.
- The website revitalization project has been underway but further work is required to improve the website and its integrations with the services Heritage Toronto offers.
- Securing sustainable philanthropic funding including presenting sponsorships of the plaques and Heritage Toronto Awards program.
- Included in the 2019 Staff Recommended Operating Budget is $0.007 million in funding to continue the website revitalization project and improve the website and its integrations.
Find more information on specific City issues, opportunities and challenges in the briefing notes and reports prepared by City staff. Documents will be posted as they become available.
Presentations made to committee and City Council provide an overview of the 2019 City budget. Documents will be posted as they become available.