2018 Election Forms
Update on the 2018 Municipal Elections
On August 14, 2018, the Bill 5, the Better Local Government Act, 2018, was passed by the Government of Ontario and received Royal Assent. The Act reduces the number of Toronto wards from 47 to 25, and extends the nomination period for councillor and school board trustee nominations. Mayoral nominations were not extended; the nomination deadline for the office of mayor was July 27. The new 25 ward boundaries align with the current federal and provincial electoral ridings, with minor adjustment to stay within geographic boundaries of Toronto.
The Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing enacted the following regulations Ontario Regulation 408/18: Wards and Ontario Regulation 407/18: 2018 and 2022 Regular Elections to provide further details for implementation.
All new changes will be in place for the October 22, 2018 municipal election.
2018 Candidate Forms
- Change of Ward Notification
- Nomination form – English
- Déclaration de candidature / Nomination form – French
- Endorsement of Nomination – Form 2
- Financial Statement – Auditor’s Report, Candidates – Form 4
- Notice of Extension of Campaign Period – Form 6
- Notice Withdrawal of Nomination
- Avis Retrait de candidature / Notice Withdrawal of Nomination – French
- Notice Scrutineer Appointment
- Appointment MyCampaign/EFFS Designate(s)
2018 Third Party Advertiser Forms
- Notice of Registration – Third Party (Form 7)
- Financial Statement – Subsequent Expenses (Form 5)
- Notice of Extension of Campaign Period (Form 6)
- Financial Statement – Auditor’s Report – Third Party (Form 8)
- Complaint Form
2018 Voter Forms
- Voters’ List Amendment Application (Available September 17)
Link to the Province of Ontario Central Forms Repository.