Update on the 2018 Election
On September 19, 2018, the Court of Appeal for Ontario stayed the Superior Court of Justice decision of September 10, 2018 and reinstated Bill 5 – Better Local Government Act, 2018 requiring the October 22, 2018 election to proceed on the basis of 25 wards.
As a result of the Court of Appeal’s decision and in order to conduct a municipal election in October 2018, the nomination period will reopen for the offices of councillor and school board trustee on Thursday, September 20 and Friday, September 21 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily. Nominations will be accepted at the Election Services offices located at:
- Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St. W., first floor
- 89 Northline Rd.
This page will be updated as soon as information becomes available.
The following is a directory of information for the October 22 election:
Monday, October 22
10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Electors must vote in the ward they live in.
Wednesday, October 10 to Sunday October 14 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Electors can vote at one of two locations in their ward or at City Hall. A Voter Assist Terminal will be located at each voting place.
- Bill 5 – Overview of Changes
- Better Local Government Act, 2018
- Municipal Elections Act, 1996
- City of Toronto Act, 2006
- Education Act RSO, 1990
- Change of Ward Notification
- Changement de quartier electoral / Change of Ward Notification – French
- Nomination form – English
- Déclaration de candidature / Nomination form – French
- Endorsement of Nomination – Form 2
- Notice Withdrawal of Nomination
- Avis Retrait de candidature / Notice Withdrawal of Nomination – French
Ward Maps :
Individual maps with voting places can be accessed from the 2018 Ward Maps page.
- City Wards
- Individual City Wards
- Open Data – Usable Shapefiles
- Interactive Map
- Toronto District School Board
- Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde (French Public)
- Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir (French Catholic)
- Quick Reference Chart
View the 2018 Voting Places.
Review the background information on the recent activity regarding changes to October 22, election.