Third Party Advertisers’ Guide, Forms & Presentations
2018 Third Party Advertisers Guide for Ontario Municipal Council and School Board Elections
This guide provides information to those wishing to register as a third party advertiser for the 2018 municipal council and school board elections. The information also applies to any by-elections that may be held during the 2018-2022 council and school board term.
In this Guide:
- General information
- What is third party advertising?
- Responsibilities of registered third parties
- Finance rules
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Completing the financial statement
- Where to find forms
Download the PDF:
- 2018 Guide for third party advertisers – Ontario municipal council and school board elections
- Notice of Registration – Third Party – TPA343 (City of Toronto)
- Financial Statement – Subsequent Expenses – Form 5
- Notice of Extension of Campaign Period – Form 6
- Financial Statement – Auditor’s Report – Third Party – Form 8
- Third Party Advertising Complaint Form
Please note: the Government of Ontario’s “Notice of Registration – Third Party – Form 7” is acceptable in place of the City of Toronto’s Notice of Registration Form. If you file the Government of Ontario form, you must also sign a Declaration of Compliance and Eligibility (on the reverse side of the City’s Notice of Registration form).
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs candidate and third party advertiser information session – April 2018
- City of Toronto third party advertising information session – May 19
- Election Signs Regulations – June 2018
- Where to find demographic information about the City of Toronto