New Park Next to Albert Campbell Square
The City of Toronto is renovating the existing parkland adjacent to Albert Campbell Square to include a water feature, a dog-friendly area, a playground, walking paths, green areas and sitting areas for staff and the area residents’ use.
- Extensive renovations to the original park adjacent to Albert Campbell Square commenced in Fall 2017.
- The renovated park will include a water feature, public art, a fenced-in dog-friendly area, playground, walking paths, green areas and sitting areas for staff and area residents’ use.
- Construction commenced in October 2017. A safety concern was identified in July 2018, requiring a temporary halt to the construction activities until the concern could be assessed. The safety concern has now been dealt with.
- While some minor construction activity will occur throughout the winter, work will resume in Spring 2019. Construction is tentatively scheduled for completion Summer 2019, weather permitting.
- A Community Consultation Meeting was held in June 2014.
- Future opportunities for public engagement are currently being planned – further information will follow.