Mobility and access to safe and accessible travel in Toronto is important for all seniors.
Safely Get Around the City
Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
The TTC offers the following travel discounts and options to seniors:
- Seniors who are 65 years or older are eligible for a different TTC fare but they must carry valid identification
- Wheel-Trans provides a safe and reliable accessible transportation option for persons with disabilities to travel with freedom and dignity
- Blue priority seating is for customers who are elderly, have a disability or are pregnant
- The Safe TTC app is a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. It offers TTC customers a quick and discreet way to report harassment, safety concerns or suspicious activity directly to the TTC’s Transit Control Centre.
- Note: The app does not summon emergency services. Always call 911 in an emergency.
The TTC also offers a Travel Training Program. In this program you can receive free training on the bus, subway, streetcar and community bus systems to improve your transit experience. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-393-4111.
Vision Zero is the City’s Road Safety Plan to reduce traffic-related fatalities and serious injuries on Toronto streets. As part of Vision Zero, the City has implemented Senior Safety Zones.