Child Care Centre Hygiene
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
The following resources cover important infection control topics that are relevant to all child care, day nursery and daycare centres in the City of Toronto.
Note: The Infection Prevention and Control in Child Care Centres Guidance Document is currently unavailable online in PDF format. To receive a PDF copy, please:
- contact Toronto Health Connections at 416-338-7600 (press option 1) or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
- A Bite in the Playroom: Managing Human Bites in Child Care Settings
- Information for Child Care Centres
- Information for Parents
Other Infection Control
Information on Communicable Diseases
- Guidelines for common communicable diseases
- Norovirus Infection
- Reportable communicable disease list
- Tuberculosis information for staff and volunteers
- Immunization and TB Screening Form for Employees
- Immunization Form for Registrants of Child Care entres
- Immunization and Vaccines Information
- Ontario’s Publicly Funded Immunization Schedule