Child Care Centre Hygiene
The following resources cover important infection control topics that are relevant to all child care, day nursery and daycare centres in the City of Toronto.
Note: The Infection Prevention and Control in Child Care Centres Guidance Document is currently unavailable online in PDF format. To receive a PDF copy, please:
- contact Toronto Health Connections at 416-338-7600 (press option 1) or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org during business hours, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
- A Bite in the Playroom: Managing Human Bites in Child Care Settings
- Information for Child Care Centres
- Information for Parents
Other Infection Control
Information on Communicable Diseases
- Guidelines for common communicable diseases
- Norovirus Infection
- Reportable communicable disease list
- Tuberculosis information for staff and volunteers
- Immunization and TB Screening Form for Employees
- Immunization Form for Registrants of Child Care entres
- Immunization and Vaccines Information
- Ontario’s Publicly Funded Immunization Schedule