Fee Stabilization Support Funding
In September 2018, the Ontario Ministry of Education revised the funding guidelines in the following ways:
- Funding may now be used to support cost pressures associated with general compensation for staff such as vacation and sick leave.
- The new guidelines remove restrictions limiting funding to staff who were earning less than $14 per hour as of December 31, 2017.
- Remaining requirement for operators is the need to demonstrate fees were reduced or maintained from 2017 to 2018.
- A revised application, reflecting the changes in the guidelines, will be sent by email to operators in early October.
- This application period is about four weeks.
- The payment will be processed in December 2018.
In October 2017, the Ontario Ministry of Education announced new funding called Fee Stabilization Support Funding. This funding is intended to help child care operators meet the new 2018 minimum wage requirements and avoid increases in child care fees for families. It does not mitigate any other requirements under Bill 148. City Council has approved distribution of Fee Stabilization Support Funding for 2018.
All licensed child care centres and licensed home child care agencies that opened before July 1, 2018 are eligible to receive this funding. For an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.