News, Updates & Reports for Early Learning and Child Care
We are offering two additional training sessions for Operators who use Online Services to manage their attendance submissions. One is at our North District Office (Finch/Dufferin) on December 1 and the other is at our West District Office (Islington/Bloor) on December 4.
Register now to learn everything you need to know about online attendance processes to ensure accurate submissions and timely processing of final payments.
- Thursday November 23rd, 2017 – 9th Road Ahead Conversation
EarlyON service providers and stakeholders are invited to the final Road Ahead Conversation of 2017. The session will be held at Ralph Thornton Community Centre (765 Queen St E) from 1:00pm-4:00pm.
For more information, go to Planning EarlyON Child & Family Centres
- The 2018 Online Budget Application is available as of October 10, 2017 and child care centre budgets are due January 26, 2018.
- Register online for 2018 Budget Input Labs
Labs are available during October and November for child care service providers who wish to attend a lab to input their 2018 budget in the Online Budget Application. Labs will be available in our North, South, East & West offices and Consultants will be available at all labs to provide support. Operators who wish to attend a lab must register online and may register for the location of their choice. To access the online budget you must have an active Budget Preparer or Signing Authority user role in Online Services and you must bring your user ID and password to participate in the lab.
Capital funding for community child care expansion (non-profit & public only)
To improve access to licensed child care for families, capital funding is available for no-profit operators interested in creating new infant, toddler and/or preschool spaces (outside of schools).
The grant will cover 100% of the capital costs and does not require an agency contribution. Funding will also be given to cover the costs necessary to equip the new space.
Apply for capital funding – Project agreements must be in place by December 2017 and construction completed by December 2018.
Financement d’immobilisation pour l’agrandissement des services de garde communautaires
Pour améliorer l’accès des familles à des services de garde agréés, les services à l’enfance financent les fournisseurs qui souhaitent créer de nouveaux espaces pour les poupons, bambins et préscolaires (hors des écoles).
Cette subvention couvrira 100 % des coûts d’immobilisation et ne nécessite pas de contribution d’un organisme. Le financement sera également octroyé pour couvrir les coûts nécessaires à l’équipement du nouvel espace.
Faites une demande dès maintenant – Les ententes de projet doivent être en place d’ici le 27 décembre 2017 et la construction achevée d’ici décembre 2018.
- Toronto Early Learning and Child Care Services (TELCCS) Projected Centre Closures 2018
- Child Care Growth Strategy – Phase One Implementation (2017 – 2019)
- Raising the Village: Top Priorities
- The Economic and Social Impacts of an Accessible, High Quality Child Care System in Toronto
- Renaming of Warden Woods/Warden Woods Satellite Early Learning and Child Care Centre
- Expanding Indigenous-led Early Years Programs and Services
- Ontario Early Years Child and Family Centres – Planning and Implementation Update
- Assessments of Licensed Child Care Conducted by the City of Toronto and the Ministry of Education
- Children’s Services Amendment to the 2017 Operating Budget to Reflect Increase in Provincial Contributions
- Child Care Development in Ward 3 – Update
- Child Care and Early Years Act and Education Act Next Steps for Middle Childhood Programs
- Funding Formula for Occupancy Costs
- Additional Fee Subsidies Needed to Maintain 2010 Proportion of Subsidies to Licensed Spaces
- Proposed Naming of Canoe Landing Child Care Centre (Block 31)
- Toronto’s Child Care Growth Strategy
- Child Care Capital Expansion Update
- Response to Proposed Regulations under the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and the Education Act
- Child Care Waitlist Fees and Admissions Policies
- Children’s Services 2015 – 2019 Service Plan Progress Updates and Aboriginal Child Care Consultation
- George Webster Elementary School Capital Project and Update on Parkside Early Learning and Child Care Centre
- Centralized Child Care Waitlist
- Full-Day Kindergarten and School-age Program Updates
- Planning for Ontario Early Years Child and Family Centres in Toronto
- Full Day Kindergarten and Before-and-After-School Program Implementation
- Home Child Care Review – New Funding Model
- Growing Toronto’s Licensed Child Care System