As part of the City’s response to slow the rate of COVID-19 infection, income tax clinics are not currently available at Employment & Social Services locations. Please check Canada Revenue Agency’s free tax clinic directory for other possible options, or consider CRA’s e-services. Stay up-to-date on all affected City services and when they may resume by visiting

If you require a replacement T5 from Employment & Social Services in order to file your taxes, you can call 416-338-8888 (select option 3, then follow the prompts) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.


Need help filing your 2019 income tax return? Even if you received social assistance or didn’t earn any income, you could get money back or receive Ontario tax credits and benefits.

You can get help with your tax return from trained volunteers if your income last year was less than the following income levels:

Family Size Total Family Income
1 Person $35,000
2 Person $45,000
3 Person $47,500
4 Person $50,000
5 Person $52,500
More than 5 $52,500 plus $2,500 for each additional person

Volunteers will not be able to help with tax returns if you have:

  • self-employment income
  • business or rental income and expenses
  • capital gains or losses
  • filed for bankruptcy