As of September 2017:
- A 2 per cent increase in social assistance rates for all individuals receiving financial assistance from Ontario Works
- For single recipients, asset limits increase from $2,500 to $10,000
- For couples, asset limits increase from $5,000 to $15,000
- Exemption for cash gifts will increase from $6,000 to $10,000
- Compensation awards for pain and suffering up to $50,000 will not affect what you receive from Ontario Works
- If you are eligible, the Remote Communities Allowance will increase by $50/month for the first person in a household, then an additional $25/month for each additional family member.
To learn more, visit ontario.ca/SocialAssistance or call 1-888-789-4199, TTY toll-free 1-800-387-5559