Overnight On-Street Permit Parking Consultation
On October 17, 2017, the Toronto & East York Community Council adopted motion TE 27.49 directing staff to:
“Solicit feedback from residents in 2018 on the proposal for potential policy changes and/or by-law amendments required to implement Residential On-Street Permit Parking on streets that do not have permit parking in Toronto and East York District”
From April 19 to May 31, 2018, staff consulted with residents of Toronto & East York Community Council District on the above mentioned proposal to the overnight on-street permit parking program. An online survey was provided until May 31, and four public consultation events were held from April 23 to May 3, 2018.
Comments received through the online survey, by phone, by email and at the events have been included in the Consultation summary for the staff report to Toronto & East York Community Council at the April 24, 2019 meeting. At the Toronto & East York Community Council meeting on June 25, 2019, this item was deferred to the October 10, 2019 meeting.
- October 17, 2017 Toronto & East York Community Council TE27.40 motion
- September 1, 2017 Report from the Director, Transportation Services, Toronto and East York District – Potential Policy Changes and/or By-law Amendments Required to Implement Residential On-street Permit Parking on Streets that do not have Permit Parking in the Toronto and East York District
- August 22, 2017 Potential Policy Changes and/or By-law Amendments Required to Implement Residential On-street Permit Parking on Streets that do not Have Permit Parking in the Toronto and East York District – Placeholder Report
Four public consultation events were held from April 23 to May 3, 2018. The same information from the online survey (closed May 31, 2018) was presented at the meetings.
- April 23 – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. – East York Civic Centre, 850 Coxwell Ave.
- April 30 – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Timothy Eaton Memorial Church, 250 St Clair Ave. W.
- May 1 – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. – St James Cathedral Centre, Snell Hall, 65 Church St
- May 3 – 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Sheraton Hotel, Birchwood Room, 123 Queen St. W
- The consultation survey will close to public feedback on May 31, 2018.
- Staff will summarize the feedback from the online survey and at the public meetings to be included in a report to Toronto East York Community Council in early 2019.
- We will notify emails on our subscriber list once the meeting agenda has been posted.
- Toronto and East York Community Council will determine the next steps.
If you wish to participate at Community Council meetings, please visit City Clerks Have Your Say.
The short URL for this page is toronto.ca/TEYpermitparking