In 2012, City Council directed staff to carry out an Environmental Assessment (EA) Study to investigate solutions to traffic congestion concerns on St. Clair Avenue West around Keele Street and Old Weston Road. A TMP study commenced in summer 2015, and a Notice of Commencement was issued on September 10, 2015.
Functional Planning Study
Prior to the TMP, the first step in this project was a Functional Planning Study to do the following:
- Identify the existing constraints, problems and issues in the study area.
- Identify short-term and long-term solutions that can improve vehicular operations along St. Clair Avenue West between Keele Street and Old Weston Road.
- Develop functional designs and high level cost estimates for the alternatives.
- Short-list improvements that the City can implement (with or without an EA Study).
Below is the June 2015 Functional Planning Study report in full (large PDF files):
- Appendix A-1 Cultural Landscape and Built Heritage – Existing Conditions Review
- Appendix A-2 Cultural Heritage Evaluation Report- St. Clair Avenue West Subway
- Appendix B Stage 1 Archaeological Assessment
- Appendix C Natural Heritage Review
- Appendix D-1 Description of the Short-Term Alternatives
- Appendix D-2 Detailed Plan Drawings (Short-Term Alternatives)
- Appendix D-3 Evaluation Matrix (Short-Term Alternatives)
- Appendix E Short-Term Traffic Analysis Intersection Capacity Analysis
- Appendix F-1 Description of the Long-Term Alternatives
- Appendix F-2 Detailed Plan and Profile Drawings (Long-Term Alternatives)
- Appendix F-3 Evaluation Matrix (Long-Term Alternatives)
- Appendix G Construction Staging