Nuit Blanche Volunteer
Volunteers needed for multiple roles for Nuit Blanche: Accessibility Assistants, Artist Assistants, Assistant Stage Managers, Information Ambassadors, Behind-the-Scenes Assistants, Project Facilitators, Ushers.
Nathan Phillips Square, in front of Toronto City Hall, plus other areas to be confirmed.
Date & Time
September 29, 2018 – shift times vary.
Between four and 15 hours per shift on/or around September 29, plus a two-and-a-half hour pre-event training session.
How to Apply
Contact Fiona Lucas at 416-392-9315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility Assistants help escort patrons who use wheelchairs and other assistive devices to the event’s accessibility area(s). They have the authority to request that other people vacate the area if they don’t need it. This position is ideal for friendly people who like to help patrons with special needs, and involves some walking.
Information Ambassadors provide front-line, top-calibre customer service to festival visitors. They are the goodwill ambassadors who keep everyone informed. Responsibilities include helping patrons navigate the event by distributing information materials, answering questions and giving directions. This position is ideal for friendly people with good communication skills and high energy who want lots of interaction with patrons, but no supervisory duties.
Artist Assistants help the artist and/or performer in a myriad of ways. Responsibilities include assisting with performance logistics and escorting them to the performance area. This position is ideal for people familiar with helping artists and/or performers and with some previous theatre or event experience.
Assistant Stage Managers
Assistant Stage Managers help the Stage Managers ensure the stage runs smoothly and on schedule. Responsibilities include working directly with the performers and their handlers, and assisting with cues, set up and clean up. This position is ideal for students in theatre or technical production programs looking for real experience at large events and who are calm and assertive. This position is for experienced volunteers and requires a resume.
Project Facilitators provide unique and varied assistance to event patrons (i.e. the public) about how to interact with the art, theatre, music or architecture projects. Responsibilities include ensuring patrons have the tools and information to interact with the project appropriately. This position is ideal for friendly people who want lots of interaction with patrons, as well as hands-on experience with the projects, with no supervisory duties.
Ushers also provide front-line, top-calibre customer service to festival visitors while they wait to view projects and ensure their successful navigation through line-ups. Responsibilities include greeting the audience and crowd control. This position is ideal for friendly people who like participating in crowd management and are willing to be assertive, but want no supervisory duties.
Becoming a volunteer is easy. Are you:
- a resident of or visitor to the Greater Toronto Area?
- interested in festivals and events?
- age 16 or older?
Follow these simple steps:
- Read about the available volunteer positions to see if your skills, talents and interests match our team needs for our events.
- Email or phone Fiona Lucas, Coordinator of Volunteer Management at email@example.com or 416-392-9315 for information on upcoming recruitment sessions.
- After attending a recruitment session, you’ll receive a weblink to the online application form and instructions on how to fill in your Volunteer Profile.
For more information call Fiona Lucas, Coordinator of Volunteer Management at 416-392-9315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of being a volunteer
As a Nuit Blanche Volunteer, you will:
- assist at one of Canada’s leading art events
- acquire new skills in event production
- experience the great feeling of helping Toronto be a liveable city
- contribute to your city’s well-being
- earn hours towards community service
To become a Nuit Blanche Volunteer, you will:
- attend a mandatory information and interview session to understand the festivals produced by the City and the roles open to volunteers
- attend a mandatory training session for your specific festival and event role
As an active Nuit Blanche Volunteer, you will:
- become part of an amazing network of enthusiastic individuals
- receive regular updates on City-produced activities
- receive recognition letters after each festival
- receive certificates of hours after each festival
- be eligible for recognition awards