Student Nutrition Program Workshops
The Student Nutrition Program (SNP) Food Safety and Nutrition workshop is a free workshop for co-ordinators and volunteers of Student Nutrition Programs in the City of Toronto. Participants will learn the basics of preparing safe, nutritious food that meets the Nutrition Guidelines.
Note: This workshop is not the same as the Food Handler’s Certificate training.
- Safe Food Handling
- Cleaning and Sanitizing for Food Preparation
- Meeting the Nutrition Guidelines
- Reading Nutrition Labels
Two Workshop Options
- Beginner/General: Introduction to meeting the SNP Nutrition Guidelines
- Advanced: Advanced label reading for special dietary observances
(Advanced is only for people who have previously attended the Beginner/General workshop)
Who Should Attend
Co-ordinators, staff and volunteers of Student Nutrition Programs.
- At least one person trained in food safety within the past two years must be present at the SNP at all times.
- Co-ordinators and volunteers with Certificates of Attendance dated 2016 and earlier must attend a workshop in 2018.
- This is a funding requirement for your SNP grant from the City of Toronto.
How to Register
- Advanced registration is required.
- Registration closes two days before the workshop.
Register online at tphbookings.ca.
- Quick registration at any time of day, with immediate confirmation!
- To register online you must have an email address.
Call (416) 338-7600, press 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- date and location of the workshop
- name of your program school/site
- name(s) and correct spelling of participant(s) attending the workshop (maximum four participants per school/site)
- phone number where you can be contacted
Participants arriving more than 10 minutes late will not receive their Certificate of Attendance.
Please check back in September 2018 for Fall 2018 workshop dates.