Student Nutrition Program Workshops
The Student Nutrition Program (SNP) Food Safety and Nutrition workshop is a free workshop for co-ordinators and volunteers of Student Nutrition Programs in the City of Toronto. Participants will learn the basics of preparing safe, nutritious food that meets the Nutrition Guidelines.
Note: This workshop is not the same as the Food Handler’s Certificate training.
- Safe Food Handling
- Cleaning and Sanitizing for Food Preparation
- Meeting the Nutrition Guidelines
- Reading Nutrition Labels
Who should attend?
Volunteer coordinators and other volunteers of Student Nutrition Programs in Toronto.
- At least one person trained in food safety within the past two years must be present at the SNP at all times.
- Those with Certificates of Attendance dated 2017 and earlier must attend a workshop in 2019.
- This is a funding requirement for your SNP grant from the City of Toronto.
Two workshop options
- General: Introduction to meeting the SNP Nutrition Guidelines
- Advanced: Advanced label reading for special dietary observances
(Advanced is only for those who have previously attended the General workshop.)
How to register
Online at tphbookings.ca
Call (416) 338-7600, press 1
When registering online or by phone, be sure to:
- Check/ask if you already have an account set up in TPHBookings
- Register in advance as registration closes two days before each workshop
- Provide the date and location of the workshop
- Provide the name of your program school/site (maximum 4 participants per site)
- Provide the correct name(s) and spelling of those attending the workshop
- Provide one valid email address per person