Since 2011, members of the Youth Health Action Network (YHAN) have been keen to make their mark as ambassadors for youth health. Check out some of their past initiatives:
- Creating resources to raise tenant awareness about smoke-free multi-unit housing and inform how to take action
- Educating citizens about the dangers of smoking in movies rated for children and teens, collecting petitions, and meeting with Members of Provincial Parliament to advocate for government-supported change
- Raising awareness about the harms of hookah smoking and providing tools for other youth to take action on the issue!
- Speaking out about the harms of hookah smoking to influence local laws and policies at a Board of Health meeting
- Getting the buzz on the streets about mental health promotion for youth
- Engaging young people in discussions about health through social media. Join the conversation.
“What’s the Buzz on the Street?” Videos
Getting the buzz on the street about being physically active.
Getting the buzz on the street about smoke-free outdoor playing fields.