Interpretation Bulletin – Notification Board
Protecting your privacy is top priority for the City of Toronto. You are seeing this alert because your web browser needs to be updated to access content on toronto.ca. You will need to download and install a more recent version of your web browser to use our website.
Issued: November 2017
Subject: Notice Board Requirements
Reference: Chapter 354 of Toronto Municipal Code, Apartment Buildings, Subs. 354-3.2
This bulletin applies to the RentSafeTO: Apartment Building Standards Program regarding notification board requirements for rental apartment buildings.
Location of Notification Board
The owner or operator must erect or install a notification board in a location within the apartment building that is central or accessible to tenants.
If the building does not have a lobby to place the board, a sign needs to be posted in the main entrance of the building informing tenants where to find the notification board.
The notification board does not have to be locked.
Electronic Notification Board
Electronic notification boards are allowed as long as all required information can be displayed and easily read by tenants. Hard copies of the required information must be made available to tenants and prospective tenants upon request.
Content of Notification Board
City-issued notifications or orders, including orders issued by Toronto Fire Services that apply to common areas
Building owners and operators must either post the original order or notice on the notification board or, post information that includes:
- Date the order/notice was issued
- Compliance date for the order/notice
- Name and contact information for the issuing City of Toronto bylaw officer
- Information that the order/notice will be made available in its entirety by the building operator or owner at the management office.
- If a building does not have a management office onsite, the original order or notice must be posted on the notification board.
1530 Markham Road, 3rd Floor